The Social Media Security Professional (SMSP) Certification attests to individual's knowledge of social networking channels and the risks these pose on the security
posture of an organization. SMSP professionals have the skills necessary to anticipate attacks and guard sensitive information from social media hackers, and,
in the event of a breach, have tools to quickly respond to security incidents. SMSPs have proven competency to help guide organization's social media personnel
Certified SMSPs are the organization's first line of defense from social media security attacks.
Ideal Candidates for SMSP Certification
The SMSP certification is ideal for individuals who work with social media solutions and have experience in the cyber security space. Candidate job roles include: information security technician, security administrator, security architect, security engineer or any other role that is responsible for information security. This training and certification program is also designed for Information Assurance professionals in Chief Information Security Officer (CISO), Chief Information Officer (CIO) or other roles responsible for developing social media usage policies and education programs for end users.
*The candidate job roles list is not exhaustive.
SMSP awards continuing education credits to candidates holding CompTIA's A+, Network+ and Security+ certifications.
Toll Free Phone:
SMSP Overview Video Presentation
Presented By Dr. Scott Wells
Click to view in larger window
Social Media Security Training
Social Media Security
Social Media Engineering & Forensics
Social Media Management & Governance
Social Media Certifications
Social Media and Information Security - Why Should We Care?
Benefits of Social Media Security Certifications
SMSPs are employed by world's leading organizations:
- Wells Fargo
- Wyndham Worldwide
- Booz Allen Hamilton
- SRA International
- US Navy
- US Marine Corps
SMSPs professional titles include:
- Chief Information Security Officer
- Information Security Manager
- CyberSecurity Engineer
- Network Security Manager
- Information Systems Technician
Knowledge Required to Obtain SMSP Certification
The SMSP Common Body of Knowledge is comprised of the following five knowledge domains:
Knowledge Domain 1: Social Media Theory and Principles
Knowledge Domain 2: Social Media Technical Composition
Knowledge Domain 3: Social Media Risks
Knowledge Domain 4: Social Media Security & Incident Response
Knowledge Domain 5: Social Media Management
Each knowledge domain has a subset of objectives and knowledge elements that define what the candidate must master to be considered a certified Social Media Security Professional.
Become SMSP Certified
There are two ways to obtain the SMSP Certification
1. Attend the Official SMSP Training Course: The Social Media Security Training Course is the most effective way to obtain the knowledge necessary to pass the SMSP Certification Exam. This course is taught by expert level instructors in a three-day format. Upon completion of the training course candidates will be eligible to sit for the Social Media Security Professional (SMSP) Exam. Learn more about the UKI Social Media Security training course.
Length: 3 days
Format: Lectures, Demonstrations, Hands-On Labs, Daily Quiz
Materials: Courseware, DVD with tools and examples
Prerequisites: One (1) year of cybersecurity work experience recommended
Register for the Official SMSP Ground Training
2. Challenge the Exam without Official Training: The individual requesting candidate status without attending official training must have a minimum of one (1) year of verified cybersecurity work experience and pass the SMSP Exam. To obtain the SMSP Certification the candidate must fill out and submit the online "SMSP Certification Application" form. Learn more about the process of becoming certified.
|Social Media Security Professional Certification Exam Facts|
|Number of questions:||85|